Many people seem to take a liking of getting into the dark chocolate diet fad. If you search for it online, you will find many types of chocolate weight loss diets. First of all, chocolate diet is not an oxymoron; you can eat chocolate and lose weight at the same time. For many years, it was believed that chocolate is not good for your health. Chocolate has been tied up with other indulgent foods like candies and ice cream. In other words, if it is too good, it cannot be good for you.
Dark Chocolate Diet
So what should you do? First, you need to examine chocolate more carefully. Typical chocolate has cocoa, cocoa butter, lecithin and flavoring. To see the advantages and disadvantages, you should look at the components and weigh them against each other. Let’s start with its most common and mostly highest percentage component: sugar. Sugar is not healthy, and does not help with weight loss. So the less sugar you have in your chocolate, the better. Not let’s look at milk and its derivatives, which also will not help you lose weight. And, now, let’s proceed to cocoa:
Dark Chocolate Benefits
1. Cocoa fights hunger – A study found that a few nibbles of dark chocolate will make you eat about 15% less in your next meal. Another one showed that just the smell of chocolate can lead to the release of a hormone that helps control your hunger.
2. Cocoa contains antioxidants that play a role in killing appetite – Healthy chocolate is processed at the lowest possible temperatures, maintaining as much of the dark chocolate antioxidants and dark chocolate benefits in the cocoa as possible.
3. Cocoa kills cravings – Surveys shown that dark chocolate is the food that we crave the most. When people deprive themselves, it will leave them with constant yearnings. By eating even just a little chocolate, it gives a significant degree of contentment that translates into eating less.
4. Cocoa blocks fat – An Italian study found that eating dark chocolate on a daily basis for two weeks significantly improved the levels of fat storage hormones among overweight volunteers.
5. Cocoa boosts mood – Many studies show a positive correlation between mood and chocolate.
6. Chocolate is a delight – Even before cocoa is made into chocolate, it was noticed that eating it brings about a pleasurable feeling. There is clearly something about the chemicals in cocoa that triggers pleasurable responses in the brain that most diets cannot do. Consuming chocolate diet along with a healthy diet triggers pleasurable brain responses by alleviating the craving to consume something else to produce them.
Eat Dark Chocolate For Healthier You!
If you want to go on a chocolate diet, look for the perfect chocolate diet that best fits you. Consult a health care professional or dietician is always a good idea. Most important, make sure that you choose the right chocolate to eat. Research has shown that the best and healthiest kind of dark chocolate is the one that is made with as little sugar and milk as possible, and a cocoa content of at least 70%.